Registrant Organization: brahmakumaris
Registrant Street1: Brahma Kumaris
Registrant Street2: Shantivan Complex
Registrant Street3: Post box No-1
Registrant City: Mt. Abu
Registrant State/Province: Rajasthan
Registrant Postal Code: 307510
Registrant Country: IN
Looking at it today, there is an interesting stories about a "Priest offended by bull's testicles" in the religion section and "Golf, Wine and Sheep in New Zealand" in the food section. There are also Adsense pay per click advertising links on both sides (including to page three nude girl 'The Sun' newspaper) and a sponsored links throughout the "newstories" to dating sites amongst others.
The 'Thought for the day', 'Good News' and 'Spirituality' links all go to the BKWSU. Any idea what this is all about? A money raiser?
Ditto, what iswww.ipdishtv.com?
BK Karuna wrote:Bio data - Karunakara Shetty (1940)
Karunakara Shetty is the Media Spokesman and the Chief of Multimedia & Public Relations for the Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya, Abu in Rajasthan. He is also the India coordinator for Global Image-Global IT, Global PR and Global Video; the Chief coordinator for Brahmakumaris Disaster Relief Management; a member of the Board and Manager of Raja Yoga Education & Research Foundation.
He is in charge of Brahmakumaris Audio Visual and Other Departments (registered with the Government of Rajasthan) and Om Shanti TV Channel and Radio, providing footage for a Five Hours Daily Transmission in Zee Jagaran, Aastha, Sanskaar, E-TV and
IP-DISH TV (24 hours) etc.
He also is the publisher of ‘Om Shanti Media’ bi-weekly (registered with the Government of India).
His career in media began when he was a special correspondent for the Rajasthan Patrika, the Times of India (1975) and UNI (United News of India) (1976-1996).
In this capacity he made several trips around the globe and also represented the UNI in International events, attending conferences, seminars and exhibition on ‘Communication, Computerization and Broadcasting. As guest of the State, he was interviewed several times by BBC, Voice of America and several TV stations & met with the Chief Editors of Reuters, AP and others.
Previously he worked as a supervisor for nine years at Hindustan Machine Tools Bangalore until 1967, after which he ran his own business till 1971. He holds a diploma in Mechanical Design & Development (1958).
A linguist in 13 Indian languages and in English, Karuna became the Public Relations Officer at the headquarters of the Brahma Kumaris in 1971, advancing to Media Spokesman and Chief of Multimedia & Public Relations. In this capacity, he has been able to introduce a vast range of technical equipment and latest technology - not only at the various campuses at Brahma Kumaris headquarters, but in many of its branches around India and overseas too. Over a period of years, the headquarters has acquired:
• A global broadband network for 8000 centre’s in over 100 countries.
• VSAT Communications & Video conferencing;
• Telephone/Internet/Email servers:
• http://www.brahmakumaris.com, http://www.bkinfo.in , http://www.dadimaa.in
• Audio Video Production and up linking facilities to TV channels around the globe.
Through his efforts the Brahma Kumaris worldwide has produced more than 5000 hours of Value Education TV footage and over a 1000 Audio titles by top Bollywood & Global Singers like Asha Bhosale, Sonu Nigam and Kavita Krishnamurthy;
A Global link-up of the Just a minute programme from London to Asia on 17th September 2006 and the funeral ceremony of Dadi Prakashmani on 25th July 2007;
IPDISHTV and Om Shanti TV 24 hours to Indian centre’s installed;
Om Shanti World Radio 24 hours in web sites.
• Accorded an ‘International Award’ for ‘Mass Communication and Spiritual Development’ by UNO-2004
• Felicitated by Gujarat Government Press Academy - 2006
• Felicitated by ‘Hum log Award’ Mumbai-2006.
• Felicitated by ‘World Astrological Research Institute’ of Mumbai-2006
• Elected as the President of the Global Forum for Public Relations in 2006 (http://www.gfpr.org)
• He was bestowed the ‘Peace and Harmony Award 2006’ by Chandigarh – ‘Punjab Union of Journalists’
• Inducted as ‘Hon. Rotarian’ to RI Dist 3050 on 27th September, 2006
• Felicitated:-‘Sindu Ratan Award’ by Akil Bharath Sindhi Bholi & Sahithya Prachar Sabha-11/08/2006
• Presented in Appreciation for Media Publicity by ‘Indian Association of Private Psychiatry’-12th August, 2007
• Presented ‘Distinguished Service Award’ for outstanding contribution in the field of Media for Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the world by WCCPC & WPCHC (Sep 2007)
• Honorary Advisor of Public Relations committee The Federation of Andra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce & Industry (Oct 2007)
He was invited to speak on “Values in Business” at “India Calling 2004” in Singapore, where he shared a platform with Shri Shri Ravi Shankar. He also addressed the International Public Relations conference in Delhi -2005.
He is the Adviser to Infinium (India) Limited http://www.ipdishtv.com
The MD of World Wide News Insight http://www.newsinsight.in