Hello from daughter of BK

Post Reply
bubbles123
ex-BK
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: i am free from the cult...

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by bubbles123 » 21 Jun 2008

My daughter is not a bk, but I loved it when she prepared food for me ... sometimes even it would have tasted better ... I was always comforted and warm inside when she cooked for me.

Life is more meaningful outside BKs ... right now I am going to church and feel much better there ...

User avatar
tom
ex-BK
Posts: 139
Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: Mahatma Gandhi said first :"God is Truth", ultimately he said "Truth is God"
which made me a member of this forum.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by tom » 21 Jun 2008

bubbles123 wrote:life is more meaningful outside BKs ...
Hi bubbles123,

Welcome to the forum. I agree with you, having spend decades with the BKs I also say, life is more meaningful outside BKs.

Wish you a happy and beneficial stay in the forum.

Best luck

mbbhat
BK
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by mbbhat » 23 Jun 2008

alanna wrote:As others have mentioned on this forum, the sharing of food is a sign of great respect in many cultures, and rejecting it - especially from your own daughter - is really offensive. I can understand the BK thinking on this when it comes to eating food prepared in a restaurant, but when it's coming from a member of your family who loves and respects you, who doesn't cook with onions and garlic for your benefit and makes an effort not to swear etc when preparing the food, I think it's wholly unnecessary. How come it's OK to eat a chocolate bar made in a factory but not a meal prepared by your daughter?! My Sister and I laugh about this now, and joke about how he cannot eat our food because it's full of sin (!), but I still think this attitude is wholly unnecessary and runs contrary to the basic ethos of love and fraternity that underpins BK thinking.
Dear Alanna,

Rejecting food from you is not incorrect. The reason is a BK takes food that is offered to God, called as Prasad. But Prasad means something pure. It should be prepared by a person who observes celibacy, who has true faith in God, who should maintain his body clean (should take bath immediately after going to toilet (discharges stool).

You are not totally incorrect.

There are three relations: Spiritual, Personal and Official.

The truth is spiritual. It gives you the highest benefit. When you become completely spiritual, then other two relations die (become insignificant). Official relation is necessary as we have to live in a society and we have to work to earn.

Personal relations are needed to satisfy what you do not get by official relationship. You actually do not need personal relationship to live in this world. It is needed to satisfy emotions. There is benefit (love, co-operation, etc) as well as loss (attachment and bondage). When one gets spiritual knowledge, he transforms the other two relations to spiritual. So he feels lighter and detached. That is why he stops talking waste things with colleagues. He just maintains the relations to the needed extent and the rest will be always spiritual. So your Father wanted to make relation with you spiritual. But when you stopped being a BK, he became detached from you. But since you are still attached to him, you felt bad.

I agree, consuming chocolate from restaurant is worse than eating food from you. But remember, when one eats that chocolate, he can still remember Baba easily. But when he eats food prepared by you, he cannot remember Baba. He will remember you which will be a disturbance to him. Mostly these things (chocolate, breads) are done by machines and hence human interference is less. But when you cook food for limited number of people, there is personal attention or interest which is always a mixture for the other.

So your Father was not incorrect. Even you are not wrong. So give respect to your Father and maintain self respect. More clarifications can be given to you if needed. There is need to understand the depth of different kinds of relations. Then only reality can be seen.

You are body-conscious. Hence you do not want to miss the enjoyments in this birth. Your Father is soul conscious (even though not fully, he is putting effort). So he wants to enjoy spiritually.

global
ex-BK
Posts: 31
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: to find out the truth and expose those that are not doing so.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by global » 23 Jun 2008

No need to even cook food.

Eat it in the Fresh ripe state nature intended it instead of mixing all kinds of cooked foods. I cannot see there being any stoves in the Golden Age. So it makes sense we will eat from the trees which will supply us what we need.
  • mbhat who is Baba for you?
    How are you remembering him?
    If you say point of light how can you tell one from another?

alanna
Friends and family of
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 May 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I grew up in the BK family in the UK, my Dad is still an active and senior (ish) member, but I have chosen not to continue life as a BK. I have felt a mixture of shock, empathy and interest while reading through the forums here and hope to be able to learn more and maybe help others by joining, particularly younger BKs/ex-BKs who may have had similar experiences to myself. Thanks.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by alanna » 23 Jun 2008

mbbhat wrote:Personal relations are needed to satisfy what you do not get by official relationship. You actually do not need personal relationship to live in this world. It is needed to satisfy emotions. There is benefit (love, co-operation, etc) as well as loss (attachment and bondage).
But I want to experience a full range of emotions, I am not going to avoid love, lust, joy because these things bring attachment and therefore some form of suffering at some point. I have absolutely no interest in gaining a detached status - I'd rather ride the rollercoaster.
mbbhat wrote:That is why he stops talking waste things with colleagues. He just maintains the relations to the needed extent and the rest will be always spiritual. So your Father wanted to make relation with you spiritual. But when you stopped being a BK, he became detached from you. But since you are still attached to him, you felt bad.
He will remember you which will be a disturbance to him.
I sometimes wonder if BKs are aware how offensive their use of language can be to others. People talk "waste"?! It's MY fault my dad upset me?

I just don't see the merit in detaching yourself from something that can bring you such happiness. I would rather love and feel loss when that love comes to an end, than never have loved at all. And, no, I am not prepared to give up my lowly lokik, bodily loves, break people's hearts and force myself to stop enjoying body-consciousness things in order to obtain a "higher" love. I don't need to. Luckily, my dad is perfectly happy with me and supportive of me just the way I am and in the things I believe in. He did not leave his lowly body-consciousness family and all our "waste", and the more he manages to lead a lokik life alongside a BK one, the happier we all are. My heart goes out to those whose parents/partners/friends were not so flexible.

global
ex-BK
Posts: 31
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: to find out the truth and expose those that are not doing so.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by global » 24 Jun 2008

Allana,

You are right about experiencing things. One should be (as long as they are not hurting others) freely be able to and I am glad you are. You type to be young what a shame it would be for the young not to be young. I have not done drugs or participated in many experiences to experience but those that I wanted to experience like running a marathon I did etc. I am really happy Allana for your family. Your Dad is a smart man and I agree with your feelings on how sad it is for the partners, parents and friends who are not flexible.

Look at the founders of BK, he was older and had lived life to the fullest i.e. had a family, riches etc. They did not choose a young person. This person had life experience. The point mhbat made about going to the bathroom and take a bath? How is this possible in the real world. You're at work you go to the bathroom than you ask your boss "Sorry I have to leave my job to take a bath?" Sounds kind of foolish doesn't it and you would be out of a job in a matter of no time.

In North America we use toilet paper.

If the stuff that is in us is so bad and we take a bath after we go to the bathroom. Why after only going to the bathroom do we take a bath? Why not all the time because we are walking with this stuff in us all the time? So we would be washing ourselves all the time because we are dirty.

Again makes no sense in the practical world.

User avatar
paulkershaw
ex-BK
Posts: 684
Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BKWSU
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am an ex-teacher and member of the BKWSU and my interest lies in assisting those who request support on any level I can.
Location: South Africa

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by paulkershaw » 24 Jun 2008

bubbles123 wrote:... and feel much better there ...
Hello Bubbles

Your 'name' brings up beautiful images of 'bubbles' of happiness and love, of a 'cup' overflowing and bubbling with joy, thank you for the choice of that name.

Welcome to the forum, hope you are inspired to share more of your life-journey with us from time to time.
Warm wishes
Paul

john morgan
ex-BK
Posts: 306
Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by john morgan » 24 Jun 2008

Hello Alanna,

Rest assured I am not going to tell you how to live your life :D.

KIndest regards,

John

Ps When do you receive your results?

alanna
Friends and family of
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 May 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: Friends or Family of
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I grew up in the BK family in the UK, my Dad is still an active and senior (ish) member, but I have chosen not to continue life as a BK. I have felt a mixture of shock, empathy and interest while reading through the forums here and hope to be able to learn more and maybe help others by joining, particularly younger BKs/ex-BKs who may have had similar experiences to myself. Thanks.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by alanna » 24 Jun 2008

Thanks Global (and hi!) and John :D.

Results on Monday, fingers crossed ...

mbbhat
BK
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by mbbhat » 28 Jun 2008

Hello Alanna and Global Souls,

1)Baba means the incorporeal ShivBaba, point of Light (to Global).


2)To Alanna- The step of a RajaYogi(BK) is very special. Like it is difficult to educate a small child about lust, it is very difficult to educate normal people about detachment. You see- when a girl gets married, she leaves her parents and goes towards her husband. Unless she leaves her parents, she cannot get love from her husband. There is a great detachment. The girl’s parents leave her eventhough they love her. Why? Because, there is no mis-understanding. Both the parents and the girl know that the girl is grown up now. She is not a child. That knowledge is there. What will happen if the parents do not know about maturity of the girl?


Similar thing here. Your Father has got new love- spiritual, but you cannot understand it. You still like to behave with him with bodily relation. But he wants to establish spiritual relation. There is some mis-understanding. The misunderstanding will become more if his effort in spirituality is not upto the mark. It will cause more pain to you. Within three days, I am going to post in the topic- "Why BKs lose friends". You can read it if you like.

User avatar
bansy
Posts: 1643
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by bansy » 28 Jun 2008

Similar thing here. Your Father has got new love- spiritual, but you cannot understand it.
What you say is not entirely correct mbbhat and I agree with what you give.

However, a BK must know that they must first and foremost not give any sorrow. Sometimes even that sorrow is indirectly caused. For anyone to become an angel or a diety, how can any sorrow be caused.

Hence whilst the reasoning explained is correct as accordance to Gyan, it is the practical application of it which has caused a large amount of sorrow, in this thread, to Alanna.

Hence the immaturity or misunderstanding is not of that of Alanna's but that of the BK in question (her lokik Father).

Each relationship between any two souls is unique and what works of one does not necessarily work for another. Even the Father has a different conenction for all his children.

A BK is not only living in his/her own spiritual ideal but must also realise that he/she lives in a world of their own non-ideals. And it is often the latter where they cause much sorrow, whereas it should be the place where they need much attention and care. It is always a safe haven inside a BK centre, but it is outside where angels and saints are realised.

That is what real effort making means, and much effort making by BKs have caused a lot of sorrow. At times, the sorrow has been caused indirectly or unknowingly, but however many paths it goes through, it eventually leads back to the source (i.e. the BK in question). And that BK can most often carelessly reverts that sorrow to Baba, say during meditation and Amrit Vela. Baba, who is the Ocean of Forgiveness, will always fogive, but the accumulated punishments for that BK will still continue to accumulate.

BKs who live with family members need to carefully remind themselves of their position, and not be affected by other (BKs) who are not in the situation. The karma with your lokiks in your last birth is extremely high, and are specially chosen for you in your last birth, so a BK must not take them too lightly and carelessly.

(Even after all these years, Dadis and very senior BKs talk about their lokiks (as well as alokiks)).

mbbhat
BK
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by mbbhat » 28 Jun 2008

Dear Alanna,

Why do BKs lose friends?

When new relations are made, the old relations break. When a student passes out of the school, he leaves his teachers. When a product is ready, it leaves the factory. When you get new job, you leave your old colleagues. But the teacher and student both are aware of it. Hence there is no stress. But ...

BK knowledge is entirely different. It is truly spiritual. It is totally new. Those who do not know about soul or those who do not believe the soul will not be ready to accept the knowledge. They will get surprise. Sometimes it may hurt their ego if they have ego or the steps taken by the BK is immediate or not fully OK.

Similar thing has occurred in the BK organization. BrahmaBaba (Dada Lekhraj) was friend of everybody in the society. As soon as God entered in him (became BK), people opposed him because He taught to sacrifice lust. Many people including his close relatives became his enemies. People even tried to murder him. People cannot tolerate that is good! Because the real good is too high. Becoming a BK is considering all the people considering as souls. It is not that there is no lokik relationships. It is like this; spiritual relations have taken place in every field. So one changes his lifestyle. Just imagine, when one changes his religion, his lifestyle changes drastically. So when one changes his belief, there will be a tremendous change. So this is the effect what you have seen in your life.

Dear Bansy,

If Alanna’s Father has not looked her properly, then it is a mistake. If he has forced her gently to become BK, it is a (small) mistake. Otherwise, how can you say it is a mistake?

You are correct. Dadis may be taliking lokik. But baba says " See Father, Follow Father" not brothers or sisters.

User avatar
bansy
Posts: 1643
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by bansy » 28 Jun 2008

Mbbhat,

Clearly Alanna has some sorrow in this thread. How was it caused ? I am not saying it is a mistake for her lokik Father to be a BK but some sorrow has happened which did not exist in the first place.

Is there some Murli points where serving family comes first.

mbbhat
BK
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by mbbhat » 28 Jun 2008

Dear bansy Soul,

Baba has said that "First pravrutti (family), and then service". This was an instruction to those who neglect their family. It means first you look after your family and then you do Baba's service (by money). But there is clear instruction that the food should be pure if you want to attain status of Sri Narayan.

mbbhat
BK
Posts: 3243
Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Affinity to the BKWSU: BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: I am a Bk and a writer. I have been benefited a lot by the knowledge given in BK institution. I also have materials written totally on logic without BK knowledge. Anyone can get them as attachments for free by email.

Re: Hello from daughter of BK

Post by mbbhat » 28 Jun 2008

Dear bansy soul,

The cause for the sorrow is just misunderstanding of Alanna and the incapability of her Father to radiate happiness in his life. You can understand this. There are many movies in which a misunderstanding causes problem in relation and later it becomes OK. This also is like that. As BKs become purer and purer, slowly the world will recognize.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests