Brahmakumaris.info.student

Post Reply
User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

Brahmakumaris.info.student

Post by abrahma kumar » 31 Mar 2007

Okay, Brahmakumaris.Info.student as a topic might be stretching the imagination a bit, however I have been wondering about the merits or otherwise of contributing to a thread that explores the BKWSU through the "lever" of one of its offered free to the public as a community service 'products' oooops courses.

I had the Thinking Positively course in mind because it was as a consequence of being exposed to that BKWSU instrument that I became motivated to pursue the organisation's teachings a little further via the 7-Day or Meditation Course and here i find myself some many years after that.

I do not think that I am infringing any copyright because all i am going to do is share what I remembered from that course having had it presented to me whilst I was "an ordinary member of the public" all those years ago. In otherwards, I am going to try to share from my 'notebook'. - :lol: - .

5 minutes remembrance then bed

More to follow ...

Om Shanti

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Handout

Post by abrahma kumar » 21 Apr 2007

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I.

What is positive thinking?

Positive thinking is about having a good look at yourself, the most important person in your life – YOU! Think about what it is to be positive in your life. In different situations and circumstances, regarding yourself, other people, the past, and the future.

To think positive is to also be aware of your intention, awareness, perception, and attitude towards life. A positive thought should always bring benefit to yourself and other people.

How to create positive thoughts

Let us use our mind and thoughts in a positive way! We have thousands of thoughts arising in the mind every day. If you were to consider your mind to be your best friend, how would you treat it?
Sometimes we try to suppress or battle with our thoughts. However, if we cultivate the friendship of our mind, then it will co-operate with us and create thoughts that are positive and beneficial. We can do this through developing positive self-talk, and learn to love, accept and appreciate our mind, and ourselves.

Mind, intellect and habits

The mind thinks, feels, imagines, dreams, desires, remembers; the intellect decides, chooses, judges, discriminates, analyses. And all this can be done in a positive or negative way. Positive or negative habits are created as imprints from actions which are a result of choices and decisions.

We are fundamentally positive! We have within us a resource of positivity. By using our mind, intellect and thoughts in the right way, we can access our inner positive strength.

Some quotations about thoughts

“Thinking is the talking of the soul with itself.” Plato

“Men suffer more from thinking than anything else.” Leo Tolstoy

“There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” Shakespeare

“Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your
words, they become actions. Watch your actions, they
become habits. Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” Frank Outlaw

Technique for developing positive thinking: SOS!
Remember: You have a Choice !

1. Stand Back
Create a space for yourself. Stand back from your mind and from the influence of your thoughts.
2. Observe
Without judgement, watch and see how you are thinking. Watch your attitude, your perception, your beliefs.
3. Steer
Gently, not with force, direct your thoughts in a positive way. Create thoughts that will bring benefit to yourself and others.


A positive thinking reflection - guidelines for creating positive thoughts

I turn inside…..
I see myself….... my positive qualities…... the things I value most in life.
I focus on being peaceful and positive from deep within….....
I see my life with meaning and purpose…......
Learning and growing strong internally….... strong….. and…. secure enough
To respect myself, to respect others…....... To love myself, to love others.
I feel myself calm and peaceful.
I absorb myself in the feelings of peace and stillness.

PERSONAL NOTES - including insights, realisations, successes

Practice for the week
Begin and end each day with a 10 minute positive thinking reflection. Remember SOS!

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Discussion

Post by abrahma kumar » 23 Apr 2007

As I intimated at the start of this topic this is an experiment in which I will attempt to discuss this BKWSU course in a manner that will hopefully give the casual visitor to the site a feeling for the key ideas behind it and how it might serve as a foundation for further engagement with the BKWSU. As a target audience one can imagine that here are people out there who wonder just how we got ourselves embedded in the organisation. I would like to also point out that in BKWSU days gone by there was no such thing as Thinking Positively, Anger Management, Stress management, Self-management Leadership courses. The primary teaching tool was via the 7-day Raja Yoga Meditation course.

Another reason for having this idea is that a lot of our discussions on the site are based on 'prior knowledge/experience/exposure to the BKWSU' and so we find it easy to talk-freely from that vantage point. But what of those who have not had access to some of the basic building blocks upon which this 'knowledge' is erected? How might they get some insight (if they so wish) into the experiences of their partners, parents, blah blah

As I recall, the Thinking Positively course itself is not rocket-science, it is built upon observations and possibilities that many of us may have had along life's way so forgive me if you find yourself eagerly looking out (in vain) for something earth-shattering. However when allied to: The life circumstances of a particular individual; the atmosphere at the BKWSU centres plus the meditation exercises many teachers of this course comment that the public participants openly express taking benefit from it. So ...

Imagine that today you walk into a BKWSU centre where the first lesson of the course is being presented. You are going to listen to someone talk about Considering Your Mind to be your Best Friend. As I recall, the teacher at the centre where i took this course went to some pains to explore the idea of friendship in a way that made us look at our interactions with other humans from a 'value-based' perspective rather than from the point of view of personality or some other such transient (perishable in nature) basis.

If this seems an alien idea why not check a Dictionary/Thesaurus and note the definition, ideas, synonyms etc associated with "friendship". As i recollect one of the key things being conveyed in this section is an appreciation that friendship (indeed all relationships) ought to be based on an outward expression of our inner/eternal values/virtues.

We were encouraged to explore the possibility that positive, mutually beneficial relationships are more sustainable - through good and not so good times - if I am already experiencing a positive value-based relationship with myself. Otherwise there is the danger that we 'connect with others in the hope that they will fill us with what we are missing' or more painful perhaps we will find ourself acting our relationships in a manner that we feel we are expected to but are little qualified to. The premise behind this way of thinking being that it is unlikely that someone wil be able to identify what is beneficial to themselves through an interaction with another if the benefitting one-self is alien.

So, considering my mind to be my best friend is presented as a means through which we turn our 'vision' inwards so as to eventually be able to act outwards with clarity, conviction, dependability and above all else the capacity to retain our Positivity and facilitate a similar process in others. (in BK speak a facilitator in this process ought NOT to have any egotistical attitudes arising because this entire process is seen as being an instrument in a souls awakening to it's own intrinsic goodness).

By making one's mind a best friend it becomes possible (so it is claimed) to discern those aspects of a relationship that I can naturally and therefore easily sustain since they are grounded in my own personal experience (and later on it was pointed out that they are in fact in accord with my natural nature as well). So attempting to connect with another human on any other footing is seen as fraught with danger because we can never be sure that the person chosen is really having a Positive experience of their relationship with themselves. Same applies if others 'rely' on me for that which I can not righfully give beause of this lack of 'reality'.

(I will stop here for a little while to consult my notes)


if any BK that thinks I am doing a dis-service to the organisation they ought to feel free to PM me to discuss further. Please remember that all I am doing is sharing my recollections and notes from the course. I am NOT setting myself up here as either teacher nor expert.

In fact if there are any BKs who want to post on this thread from a point of view of expertise then I would welcome it.

Till the next time when i will post a bit more on this first lesson ...

Om Shanti
(P.S. This topic is not meant as an AbeK only space, please feel free to interact as suits you. As the politicians say nowadays: Nothing is ruled out and nothing ruled in. )

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Discussion

Post by abrahma kumar » 10 Jun 2007

Positive thinking is about having a good look at yourself, the most important person in your life – YOU!...To think positively is to also be aware of your intention, awareness, perception, and attitude towards life. A positive thought should always bring benefit to yourself and other people. ...Let us use our mind and thoughts in a positive way!... you consider your mind to be your best friend...cultivate the friendship of (y)our mind, it will co-operate with us and create thoughts that are positive and beneficial.

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

About: The "Avyakt" Murli

Post by abrahma kumar » 09 Dec 2007

It has been read that:
The Avyakt Murlis revealed the experience and inner process of Brahma Baba's transformation from human into an angel. Based on the spiritual teachings that God has revealed, the Avyakt Murlis are the training to inculcate divinity in our lives and experience the sweetness of all relationships with the Supreme and the inspiration to serve selflessly with humility. Through Brahma Baba's process of transformation we receive practical and precious guidelines to become like him. That is, to become those with an angelic consciousness, those who are the companions of God and the servers of humanity.

The 1969 ayvakt Murlis are the first spoken after Brahma Baba's ascent. They were spoken to the students of the university to help and guide them in the further work of world transformation through transformation of the self.

By studying each one of the Murlis in a state of soul consciousness (spiritual awareness), in particular in the early morning hours, our consciousness is prepared for the coming day. Let the mind contemplate each one of the Jewels of knowledge and apply them in daily life and interaction, then life itself will become an invaluable jewel.

Om Shanti

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

An Avyakt Murli

Post by abrahma kumar » 09 Dec 2007

For an example of an Avyakt Murli click here

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

Truly wise words about "Churning"

Post by abrahma kumar » 10 Dec 2007

amaranthine wrote:Thanks for the pointer re the 10th of Jan Murli - I'll look into it.

Also thanks for the wise words and encouragement :D.
Abek can imagine some forum folk saying in response - in the manner of John Patrick McEnroe (Jr) - "amaranthine, you can not be serious." :oops:

Wise words ... and encouragement? From abbeykay? Come on, pull the other one, wont you.

So here are some truly wise words about churning

regards
abek

7 440 10 Dec 07

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

Avyakt Bap-Dada 10th January 1988 - "Churning"

Post by abrahma kumar » 10 Dec 2007

Avyakt BapDada. 10.1.1988. - Churning

Today the Ocean of Jewels Father has come to meet his invaluable jewels. He is observing how far each elevated soul has accumulated the jewels of knowledge and has inculcated them in their life. Each jewel of knowledge is worth more than multi millions, it is invaluable. So just think over how many jewels of knowledge you have received from the beginning to now. The Ocean of Jewels Father has filled unlimited jewels in the apron of the intellect of each child. BapDada has given an equal amount of jewels of knowledge to each of his children at the same time, but those jewels keep increasing the more they are used for the self and others. BapDada is observing that although he has given these jewels equally to everyone, some have increased these jewels and some have not increased them. Some are fully accomplished in them, that is, they are completely full with them. Some use them only at the time of need, and others use them always and increase them multimillion-fold. There are some who are not able to use these jewels as much as they should, and so they do not understand the value of the jewels as much as they should understand it. Of course they have imbibed in their intellect whatever they have received, but the happiness, joy, power, peace, and the experience of the attainment of an obstacle free stage which they could experience by using these jewels, they are not able to experience.

What is the reason? The reason is lack of churning power, because to churn means to absorb it in life, to inculcate it. If there is no churning it means the knowledge is in the intellect only and hasn't been absorbed or inculcated in. the life. Those who churn use that knowledge in every task they do in life whether they use it for themselves or others, but they use it. The others just remember in their intellect what they have heard, without churning it and making it part of their life. For example, if someone has wealth and stores it away in a locker or safe and does not use it at the time of need, then the happiness that one can get from that treasure is not received. There is only the consolation in the mind that, "Yes, 1 have this much wealth". That wealth will not increase, nor will there be the experience of real happiness in it. Similarly, if these Jewels of Knowledge are just stowed in the intellect or just repeated in words from the lips (e.g.: "This point is very good", etc.), then of course for a short time they will have good intoxication due to the consciousness that it was a good point of knowledge, but unless these jewels of knowledge are brought in the life and used in action they will not give the experience of real joy. Knowledge is compared to jewels, it is also compared to light, and also it is a power. This is why if knowledge is not used properly in action, it will not increase and the experience will not come. Knowledge is a study; it is an elevated weapon for fighting a battle also. This is the value of knowledge, and to understand the value of knowledge means to use knowledge in action. The more the knowledge is used in action, the more there is the experience of power within the self. For example, if you don't use a weapon when it should be used, that weapon becomes useless which means its value does not remain the same. So knowledge is also a weapon. If the Weapon for attacking Maya and conquering it is not used, then the value of the weapons of knowledge is reduced because the proper benefit of knowledge is not taken. To take proper benefit means to maintain its value.

The Jewels of Knowledge are with everyone because all of you have a right over them, but you are numberwise in being full of them. The main reason for that is lack of the power of churning. The power of churning is the basis for making the Father's treasures your treasures. Just as you have been told before that food is one thing, but to digest that food and change it into blood is another thing. When the food takes the form of blood it becomes your own. Similarly, when you churn knowledge the Father's treasures become your treasures and you claim a right over them. You experience them to be your own treasure. BapDada has been telling many times that if you churn something you make it your own, and you get the intoxication from that churning. So if you want to make the Father's treasures your treasures, you will have to use the power of churning and then bring the Jewels of Knowledge into action. Then you will get the experience' and this will intoxicate you.

Why is intoxication not constant? You do get intoxicated while hearing the knowledge but why is this intoxication not constant? The reason is you do not make knowledge yours with the help of the power of churning. Churning power means to go into the depth of the Ocean of Knowledge, which means to be introverted and go into the depth of each jewel. It doesn't mean that you just repeat the knowledge, but to understand the significance of each point of knowledge and then find out what intoxication each point has. It means you also come to know how and when that point can be used in action for the self, and how and when it can be used in action for other souls. All these four things should be churned on after hearing the points of knowledge. Along with that, while going into the depth of the significance of the point of knowledge, and start enjoying and getting intoxicated from it. Then, when you have to face different obstacles of Maya or different circumstances of nature, at that time use the points of knowledge and find out whether you used properly what you have churned on. Make sure that the churning was right on the basis of that situation while fighting Maya or facing the circumstances of nature, and see whether you have conquered Maya with the help of that point of knowledge or not. Find out whether you conquered Maya in a practical way or not. While churning it is only theory, but when the test comes you find out whether you churned accurately or not. Or is it that you thought you had become the conqueror of Maya but when the time came to conquer it with ease you had to labour, or you wasted a lot of time? If you did, it proves that the method you used for churning was not the right one. This is why you did not get success.

You should also know how to use something and have the practice of using it. Just as different scientists carry powerful bombs onto the battlefield and think that they will definitely win because they have such bombs, if they don't know the method of using the bombs properly, then even if the bomb is powerful it will not hit the right target. It will hit the wrong place and go to waste. So what was the reason? The reason was that the method of using the weapon was not right. Similarly, each Jewel of Knowledge is very, very valuable. Any adverse circumstances or obstacle cannot stand in front of the jewel or power of knowledge. But if there is not success or victory, the reason is that the method used is not accurate.

Another thing; if the practice of churning is not done constantly, you cannot use that point of knowledge when needed. Sometimes you try to use points of knowledge when needed, and sometimes you try to use points all of a sudden without having churned on them before. This is why you get deceived. Carelessness comes in the form of thoughts like, "I have knowledge in my intellect and 1 will be able to use it at the time of need". But constant practice of churning for a long period is necessary. If one starts trying to remember which point to use at the time of need, which title will he be given? Remember there is a story about this in the scriptures. Who remained careless and thought of using weapons only at the end? Who was that? Kumbakarna. Double foreigners may not know this story. What carelessness did Kumbakarna show? He said, "Let them come, we will conquer them when they come". So to say everything will be O.K. and not to prepare beforehand ~s carelessness. This carelessness is deceptive. This is why, day by day, keep on increasing the power of churning more and more. Whatever you hear in the revised course Sakar Murlis, or in the Avyakt Murlis, you should churn on that. Every day you hear different points, so churn every day on different points and increase your power of churning.

For practising churning take up one point every day, imbibe it, and then churn that on the basis of the four things mentioned earlier. Practise with this method. In every action, whether you are performing a physical, ordinary action or performing the actions of Godly service, the whole day your churning should continue. Even if doing lokik business or working in an office, or serving in a centre, the moment you find your intellect is free increase the practice of churning. There are many tasks in which you don't have to use your intellect much. You can think of something else while you perform that task. Actually, there is very little activity in which you have to pay full attention. You can think of other things at the same time. If you note in your routine when you get such occasions, you will find there are many in a day when you don't need to use your intellect in the task you are doing. There is no need to find time to do the extra work of churning, this is not necessary. You can churn while performing actions, while walking etc. If you get some time to be in solitude, it is very good. At that time you can go into the depth and clarify further some point. Go into the details of the point and you will really enjoy it. But first become the embodiment of the point, get the experience of its intoxication and then go into the expansion. Then you will not become bored. Otherwise, if you just keep on repeating points you will lose interest. You repeat one point, and then you don't know how to spin the cycle. Some don't know how to experience the stage, so they just repeat "Golden Age, Silver Age" etc. Repetition of the cycle takes five minutes and then the point is over and they don't know what to do next "that many births, this much duration, so much life span" etc. Finished, the point is over. But to become swardarshanchakradhari means to experience a knowledgeful, powerful stage. It means to go into the depth of the points and get intoxicated from them and to understand the significance of the secret. In this way you should practice for every point. Baba mentioned only about spinning the cycle, but in this way you should churn every point.

You do not need to churn for only one hour a day, but keep churning at different times throughout the whole day. Whenever you get some time, make your intellect practice churning. Churning will keep your intellect busy and free and it will become easy for you to conquer Maya automatically. Maya will go away on seeing you busy. No need to allow Maya to come and then fight with Maya, and get defeated or be victorious. This is a very slow speed of effort, ant like effort. Now is the time to make fast effort; it is time to fly. Therefore, keep your intellect busy in churning. So did you hear how to churn and practise it? If you know how to churn, the power of churning will make it easy for you to experience a merged stage of remembrance.

Churning will also help you to conquer Maya and be free from waste thoughts. If there is no waste then there are no obstacles. Then a powerful stage, a stage merged in Baba's love becomes easy and natural. Many think that they are not able to experience the seed stage or that they will be able to experience that stage only after a tot of attention. The reason is because of some leakages the power of the intellect leaks out due to waste thoughts. Sometimes there are mundane thoughts which means the intellect is kept occupied in what one is doing. This is called mundane, ordinary thinking. While performing mundane actions the thoughts should not be mundane, but if there is not churning in the intellect, the intellect thinks of just those mundane things, and then you feel happy in a way and tell yourself, 'Well, 1 did not commit any sins or have waste thoughts, I did not give sorrow to anyone". But for how much time did you have a powerful stage, powerful remembrance? Did you check that? If there wasn't a powerful stage then it will be said that you had just ordinary thoughts. You did perform karma but did not become a karma yogi, a yogi in action, and this is why you must experience either the experience of churning or of being merged in Baba's love, even while performing mundane actions. Both of these stages are the basis of doing powerful service also.

Those who churn, because they have the practice of churning, are also able to attain whatever stage they want to attain. If the link is proper there will be no leakage, and because there won't be leakage you will be able to get the experience you want; the angelic stage, the seed stage, etc. You will be able to experience these stages easily. Why will it be easy? If knowledge is remembered well or churned well, then the Bestower of Knowledge is also remembered automatically. So did you understand how to churn? Baba had said in the past He would say more about churning. If you want to conquer the obstacles of Maya forever and become victorious forever, the basis of that is the power of churning. Is it easy or difficult?

To all the knowledgeable children of the Ocean of Knowledge, to all the elevated souls who conquer Maya easily with the power of churning, to all those who increase the practice of churning and with churning power experience themselves to be merged in the Father's love, to those who understand the value of the Jewels of Knowledge, to those who use the power of knowledge in action, to such special and invaluable jewels who always maintain such a high stage, BapDada's love, remembrance and namaste.

User avatar
bro neo
ex-BK
Posts: 368
Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Location: Asia

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Discussion

Post by bro neo » 14 Dec 2007

S.O.S ... Oh no, now I am getting flash backs. I remember the first + thinking course I gave. It was a complete flop. First of all my students had to pay a course fee in advance, don't ask me why. I never saw any of that money. In fact, my frequent donations to Baba's Box kept me very un-well off. The things we do as BKs, eh? The students were intelligent, well off, Double Foreigners.

I gave the course as I was supposed to and had a very SS there, helping me in the first couple of lessons. Oh, she was a hot one as well. So nice, but a real bad person to have mad at you; intelligent, her eyes were like stars made of diamond in a constant twinkle ... oops, went off on a tangent. My apologies. :)

So anyways, all the students eventually dropped out, so each class had fewer numbers, there was a total of like 5 - 7 classes. Finally, in the second to last class, there was only 1 student left from about 20 something.

It was funny. I remember she asked me one question that class that I could not really give an answer that would satisfy the both of us. "So what is positive and what is negative?" I gave the text book answer of course. We also chatted briefly aboutRobbie Williams. The final lesson, the students were supposed to show up at the Raja Yoga center where they would get a lesson on The Powers, and get the fine opportunity to visit our wonderful center.

I was left waiting, alone (but with Baba) as no one turned up, while in the other classes, the Sisters gave their little classes, in their merry little way.

Pooh :roll:

User avatar
fluffy bunny
ex-BKWSU
Posts: 5365
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: ex-BK. Interested in historical revisionism, failed predictions and abuse within the BK movement.

Re: POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Discussion

Post by fluffy bunny » 15 Dec 2007

bro neo wrote:First of all my students had to pay a course fee in advance, don't ask me why. I never saw any of that money. In fact, my frequent donations to Baba's Box kept me very un-well off. The things we do as BKs, eh?
Which BK center charges for what courses?

I am sorry neo but you need to be specific here to establish creditability.

User avatar
bro neo
ex-BK
Posts: 368
Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Location: Asia

Post by bro neo » 15 Dec 2007

Something I wrote to the moderators today, but they aren't receiving my replies so I will post it again here:
bro neo wrote:I did write back to you, and personally I am getting tired of this constant criticism. Go ahead suspend me. I won't come back. I have been 100% honest in everything I have said and if you don't have a disclaimer by now, then you need to put your house in order.

So, again, either respect me and lay the *$#@ off or suspend me, I spend too much time on this forum anyways. I don't really want to post here anymore since the moderators aren't appreciative. I will not post the details of my experiences to protect my anonymity.

And I don't intend to go to your Sister site.
Oh, and ex-l, if people have read my posts then check the details of what I say for themselves, instead of demanding me to prove everything, they can find out for themselves if I am telling the truth or not.

You're probably the reason why the BKWSU wanted to shut down this site in the first place, and do you really think I care what you think about me? I don't. You're a tired old lady with nothing better to do then in finding fault with others.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 795
Joined: 01 Jan 1970
Affinity to the BKWSU: Academic
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: General forum administration account
Contact:

Post by admin » 15 Dec 2007

bro neo wrote:Something I wrote to the moderators today, but they aren't receiving my replies so I will post it again here:
bro neo private messages are being received but were received after he posted this private message.

Bro neo had been earlier cautioned on the [Admin] User log; Cautions, Suspension, Bans etc for posting "private messages" public and not responding to admin requests. Not for insulting behavior nor posting 'off topic'. Specifically, he was asked to provide supporting evidence for the more serious allegations he has been making against the BKWSU (death threats and organized criminality) and given his own topic for the more 'off forum' topics.

bro neo's post have not been edited in any way. They have had general typos and formating corrected to bring them into line with the rest of the forum. As the members' blog section does not work at present, increasingly 'off forum' topics have been merged into a personal Bro Neo and his inspirations topic.

Forum guidelines are published in theAdmin forum and elsewhere. All members have been general cautioned on the front of the portal about being able to substantiate claims. It is entirely possible to do substantiate claims without one's anonymity being exposed but sufficient information is require, or a visible willingness to cooperate, in case of further legal threats to the site.

We are attempting to make this process as transparent as possible and give the 'right to reply', in public or private, to others. At the same time we must defend all the hardwork and investment that has gone into supporting the forum and creating the domain's reputation.

User avatar
bansy
Posts: 1643
Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK

Post by bansy » 15 Dec 2007

As many are aware, I am a "moderator" though I actually have had to do little moderation at all. This moderation duty was only set up at the start of the website, for most purposes it has been quite smooth.

I have not received any message from bro neo. I have not really bothered to check what has happened in the past few days, though did notice a boxer dog and the mention of a scrap. But I hardly receive any messages at all (that is good news by the way !). Possibly because I am usually one who simply shrugs the shoulders (and what beautiful shoulders they are :P).

I trust members act in good faith and for good purpose for their presence on the forum. It's just a bit of space, whether physical or virtual. A bit like someone coming to my home and having a cup of tea, leave them to their good intentions to help themselves to the kitchen and the fridge, as I am usually busy with other things too. For this reason, most folks who come will sit amongst the friends and no-one needs to really tell them to go away if they become a nuisance, they will just eventually get ignored. This happens at school, in the playground, at work, at the office, in society. However, the kitchen table has always room for anyone to return and squeeze in.

Members on and off this forum are able to make a judgment whether another member or members act in good and properly faith, whether that discredits or credits a forum or website or the kitchen table. The only discredit one sees is to oneself. People have this inner sense to be able to judge critically but fairly. This applies with folks in the BK too (cannot vouch for PBK or other parties as I have not had any real direct connection with them) that there are folks there who will make a mess of the kitchen table and leave it for others to clean up. What one realises is that the humblest of folks will clean up the table without a grumble. Once a time ago, when you were all coughing up, sneezing and runny noses, and having bowel troubles, someone was there to wipe your parts clean. It takes a lot of purity to do so without thought and hesitation.

Gandhi's wife also had to rake and cover the lactrines.

Oh well, just another day closer to Santa. The reindeers will be jumping over the cow who is jumping over the moon. At the moment, getting presents is the hard part ... until you also receive one.

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

POSITIVE THINKING: SESSION I. - Discussion

Post by abrahma kumar » 15 Dec 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote:Positive thinking is about having a good look at yourself, the most important person in your life – YOU! ... To think positively is to also be aware of your intention, awareness, perception, and attitude towards life. A positive thought should always bring benefit to yourself and other people. ... Let us use our mind and thoughts in a positive way! ... you consider your mind to be your best friend ... cultivate the friendship of (y)our mind, it will co-operate with us and create thoughts that are positive and beneficial.

User avatar
abrahma kumar
Friends and family of
Posts: 1133
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Affinity to the BKWSU: ex-BK
Contact:

Post by abrahma kumar » 16 Dec 2007

594 13 15 Dec 2007

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests