Message for the day

Mainly DEDICATED to Ex-BKs.
A neutral forum for congenial discussions and reservations related to the Godly Knowledge between ALL parties.
shivshankar
working towards unification
Affinity to the BKWSU: reforming BK
Please give a short description of your interest in joining this forum.: dharna

Message for the day

Post by shivshankar » 18 Mar 2009

I do receive 'messages for the day' on my e-mail from Brahmakumaris Media & Public Relation Office Mumbai. Indeed it just points for self progress without any preach. So I will post them here if nobody minds(otherwise please tell).

shivshankar

Re: Message for the day

Post by shivshankar » 18 Mar 2009

To consider oneself to be a server means to be humble.

Expression:

Each one is endowed with certain specialities and gifts. The one who is able to use these specialties for the benefit of others as
a server, is able to make a contribution to better the lives of those around. But the one who only thinks of his specialities and
a chance for expressing the specialities is not able to remain humble.

Experience:

All the specialties that I have are there for a purpose. The more I use it to benefit others, the more I am able to use them with
humility. I am also able to gather the good wishes of those around me and further increase my specialities. I have no expectations
from others but am able to give unconditionally, recognizing their need.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 19 Mar 2009

Where there is faith there is victory

Expression:

When someone has faith there are no doubts or questions about the self, others or situations. Faith also enables a person to see and understand simple things in life with a new understanding. It shows direction and courage to go on.

Experience:

When I have faith, I experience myself to be lucky and thus receive cooperation from many others. I would also be able to experience success at every step. There is then no worry for me and am troubled less by aspects that keep changing around me. My thoughts then would always be positive and I experience victory.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 21 Mar 2009

Understanding brings happiness.

Expression:

Happiness lies in understanding the secret of whatever is happening. When one is able ot remain happy in this way, he is able to spread this happiness to those around too, influencing the lives of all.

Experience:

When I am able to remain happy under all circumstances, I am able to be free from the influence of others' negativity. Instead I will be able to become a major source of positive influence to those around me.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 22 Mar 2009

Creativity comes when there is happiness.

Expression:

Happiness touches the heart and enables the creativity to come from within. The one who is happy doesn't wait for the right opportunity to be creative, but uses each moment as a chance for using creativity - for bringing newness.

Experience:

When I am happy I am able to enjoy and make the best use of each and every moment of my life. I will want to do something new, unique and different. So I also have the satisfaction of having done my best.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 24 Mar 2009

To pay attention to every act is to be a hero.

Expression:

A hero actor is one who has great attention for every act of his. He makes sure that none of his words or actions are ordinary or
waste. He ensures perfection in everything he does. This naturally brings the best out of him.

Experience:

Since I pay constant attention to everything I do, I find that I am able to give my best. I am then satisfied with whatever is
happening since I know what I do is not as important as how well I do it.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 24 Mar 2009

To consider problems to be a game is to move forward with lightness.

Expression:

Even when the most difficult problem comes my way, I am able to give my best when I understand the significance of whatever is
happening. Because I never experience being subservient to the problem, I am always a master.

Experience:

When I understand that problems are just a game, I am able to play whatever part I have to, externally. But internally I will
experience lightness knowing that this is the part I have to play. It would be easy to understand the significance of the part that I
am playing and remain happy.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 25 Mar 2009

Words filled with wishes bring change in others.

Expression:

When there are good wishes combined with the words that I speak, there is love. Whatever is spoken with love has its effect on others. Such words are free from all kind of negativity, so they naturally have a lot of power. Only such powerful words can bring about a change in others.

Experience:

When I speak with love and good wishes, I find that I am light, knowing that I have no selfishness in whatever I have said. The others too are able to immediately correct themselves. This also enables me to gain good wishes for having taken them a step
forward.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 29 Mar 2009

Success is achieved through accurate efforts.

Expression:

The one who puts in accurate efforts for the success of every task, naturally tries to do the best. Because of his own contribution,
others too help him and contribute whatever they can to achieve what he sets out to do. So there is success in everything.

Experience:

When I do the right thing, I will be able to experience constant self-progress. I will then never have the slightest feeling of
failing, but will always experience success as a right, even if the result is not what I have expected. I experience positive feelings
because of having put in the right effort.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 30 Mar 2009

To give regard to others' ideas is to be a learner.

Expression:

The one who is open to the ideas of others is the one who is able to learn from everything. He is humble and has respect for all. He
has the authority over what he does, he is the master and is yet open to learning.

Experience:

Even when my best plan and ideas are rejected or criticised, I am able to remain cool and light because of my regard for others and
their ideas. Because of this I am able to constantly learn and experience progress.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 31 Mar 2009

To know the fruit of efforts will surely come is to remain happy and healthy.

Expression:

To know that the fruit of my effort will eventually come one day is to understand the importance of making effort. Once there is this understanding, it becomes easy to continue making effort, which is like nourishment that keeps one happy. So effort is never stopped till what has to be achieved is achieved.

Experience:

Knowing that my effort will surely be fruitful makes me enjoy everything I do. It makes me remain happy, keeps me enthusiastic and free from tiredness, even when things are not going right for me. My mental happiness and well being thus keeps me healthy.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 02 Apr 2009

Freedom means accepting the rules of freedom.

Expression:
The one who wants freedom naturally accepts the rules that go untold. He is willing to take responsibility for all his decisions
and choices. Such a person will never blame others but try to check his own mistakes.

Experience:

When I take decisions with freedom and take responsibility for them, I am able to learn from anything that goes wrong. I'll feel
light and free yet with a base from where I can work. Thus I find myself experiencing constant progress.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 03 Apr 2009

Speciality lies in experiencing one's fortune.

Expression:

When there is the awareness of one's fortune, there is speciality seen in every word and action, because of wanting to make the best of everything. There is also the pure desire of sharing with others, which also makes one special.

Experience:

When I have the recognition of my own fortune, and am aware of what I have, I find myself content. I have no expectations but continue to make the best use of what I already have, for my benefit and that of others. So I find myself being special and making my own fortune.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 04 Apr 2009

To be free from wants is to be free from waste.

Expression:

The one who is free from wants is the one who is free from expectations. When there are no expectations, there is not too
much thought about what is not there or what should be there. Since the mind is free from all these kind of waste thoughts,
whatever is done is the best.

Experience:

When I am free from wants or desires, I am able to always remain content. I can then appreciate and enjoy everything that comes my way, and do not expect anything both from situations and people. So the mind is free from waste thoughts and questions.

shivshankar

Post by shivshankar » 06 Apr 2009

The one who checks himself constantly is the one who experiences progress.

Expression:

The one who keeps checking himself is also able to bring about a change in himself. Such a person takes each situation as a chance to learn something new and bring about some change for the better. So there is constant improvement in his life.

Experience:

When something goes wrong, if I learn to check myself and bring about a change immediately, I will be able to experience constant
progress. No situation will make me have negative feelings or make me stop, but I will be able to enjoy everything that comes my way.